Saturday, June 7, 2014

The Decision

Once upon a year ago, my mom (being her typical planner self) was asking me about how I wanted to celebrate my graduation the following summer. I contemplated a bit and simply stated " I want to do the Colorado Trail." It took her a while to register that thought....doesn't every new graduate want to celebrate with an extreme Europe trip? Not I.

She then asked "So how long is this trail?...... I replied "Mmmm....about 500 miles."
Mom: "500 miles?? you want to do the WHOLE thing?"
Me: "Yes!"
Mom: "You don't want to go to Europe?"
Me: "No, I want to do something that will be the most self-reflecting, like-affirming, most amazing experience ever!"
Mom: "Who are you going to do it with?"
Me: "I don't know...but I'm going to do it."
Mom: "Hmmmm...I'll do it with you. Can tag-along mom come?"

And that is how the adventure began!



Welcome to the official hiking blog of Syd "Pippy" and Keala "Zippy" 'Incredizoll', the daughter-mother dynamic duo who will sett off in red and purple broken-in hiking boots with a 35 pound (hopefully not more) backpack and conquer the entire 500 miles of the Colorado Trail from Denver to Durango. July 4th, 2014. Bring it on.

 
 

8 comments:

  1. You guys are so awesome! I will be happy to deliver provisions along the way! Liz M from Florida

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liz!!! We will let you know if we need more cliff bars along the way! :)

      Delete
  2. What a great way to celebrate, Colorado is beautiful. I will be watching your travels and wishing I was with you. Have a great time and watch out for Lyme Disease and rattlesnakes and probably scorpions, other than that have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne! Colorado is soooo beautiful! No rattlesnake sighting yet, but I'll be on the lookout for them. Do a downward dog for me! My body will be in desperate need of yoga when I'm finished!

      Delete
  3. EEEeeee! This WILL be a great adventure...I shall self reflect along with you and with your posts. Enjoy this and be safe...Peace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris! It has been an amazing adventure so far!

      Delete
  4. So exciting!!! Keep us posted!!

    Aloha,

    Brysson

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pippy n Zippy Enjoyed the tales and pix of your adventures. Hope all continues to go well. I am insanely envious of your chance for such an adventure. I did get concerned about the bad weather I heard had hit the Rockies. Lightning at high elevations or rattlesnakes and bears at lower ones adds to the excitement!! :-( Keep safe and hope to hear more in due course. Thanks Sid for the care package of wine, olive oil, etc etc, all in use and much appreciated. I am watering your plants til you get back and settle in Monterey. Aloha pumehana, Brysson

    ReplyDelete