Sunday, June 22, 2014

Unearthing the trail names...

Hello blogger peeps... it's me, the other half of "Pippy".. Where did the names "Pippy" and "Zippy" come from?

Well, one day while hiking along with a good friend named " Penguin" we were discussing " Trail names". I told her that Syd can be kind of bossy in a daughter mother way... which is like being "Snippy". And when that happens, it makes me be the "Pouty" mom.

As all good little "Penguins" do, they think very quickly, and she proudly blurts out, " You are the team of Snippy and Pouty".. And as with any fun little name, it starts to morph.

Syd quickly dispersed the idea of being "Snippy" and reclaimed a new name of " Pippy".. Why "Pippy".. Syd has the longest legs, and looks like "Pippy Long Stocking".. and when she puts her hair in braids, it's a match.



It took a while for my name "Pouty" to change for me....friends and family both agreed that the name did not fit me well as I am not a very pouty person. After a few friendly suggestions, Zippy came about and found it's place with "Pippy and Zippy"...dee-do-dah!

All will be well with skips, bumps and jumps along the Colorado trail as our adventure of being "Pippy and Zippy" begins..

No comments:

Post a Comment